Optimum Tax and Accounting can provide the full complement of personal tax services, ranging from a basic tax return preparation to company tax returns, accounts and VAT returns. We always try to ensure that your tax returns and accounts are completed as accuraterly as possible, as we keep on top of the latest tax legislation developments and HMRC rulings.
Corporate Tax and Accounts completion services
Optimum Tax and Accounting can assist you with preparing annual accounts, which will form the basis of your tax return. If you run your own company, we can also prepare your Corporation or Partnership Tax Returns.
Self-Assessment Tax Returns
Self Assessment is a system HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) uses to collect Income Tax. Tax is usually deducted automatically from wages, pensions and savings. People and businesses with other income must report it in a tax return. If you need to send one, you fill it in after the end of the tax year (5 April) it applies to.
You’ll also need to fill in a tax return if:
- you’re an employee or pensioner with an annual income of £100,000 or more
- you’re self-employed, a business partner, or director of a limited company
- you have a pre-tax investment income of £10,000 or more
- your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit
- you had income from abroad that you need to pay tax on
- you were trustee of a trust or a registered pension scheme
- you received a P800 form from HMRC saying you didn’t pay enough tax last year – and you didn’t pay what you owe through your tax code or with a voluntary payment
- you’re a ‘name’ at the Lloyd’s of London insurance market
- you’re a minister of religion
- you’re a trustee or representative of someone who has died.
Optimum Tax and Accounting can assist you to fulfil your tax return obligations, whichever reason you need to file a return.
Optimum can value your company or business for whatever situation you require, be it for HMRC, potential takeover, financing, etc. We have undertaken many valuations for HMRC purposes, most of which have never been challenged.
We can assist with most aspects of VAT including: VAT Registration, preparation of your VAT Return and online filings with HMRC. We can also explain to you the various VAT schemes available to you (flat rate, cash accounting or annual VAT returns) and liaise with HMRC on your behalf.
Payroll and Auto Enrolment
We can assist you by setting up and/or running your business’s payroll scheme, as well as assist you in regards to your obligations, as an employer, under auto enrolment.